Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tampa

We took our flight from New York to Tampa, Florida. The only reason for us to land at Tampa was that I wanted to visit a small town called Clearwater which was a 45 minutes’ drive from Tampa.  I had specially planned a sojourn to Clearwater to reminisce the most memorable time of my life - when I had stayed in Clearwater for a month; a decade ago.

We touched down in Tampa at 10:30 pm and boarded the airport shuttle that took us to our hotel. The next morning while I made the kids ready while Aakaash went and picked up our rental car from the Airport. Aakaash was indeed nervous driving in the US and not because it was a left hand drive, since Nigeria and Cambodia were both left hand drives; but it was due to the strict traffic rules which we had only read as a precursor to the decision of driving in the US. I love to drive but with kids I sure as hell was not going to take the wheels till I was comfortable.
 
I was ready and filled with nostalgia to explore the place I had lived in a decade ago. Even though the stay had been just for a month, Clearwater holds a very special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment