Monday, September 28, 2009

preparation for the journey

This is for the 1st time that I really felt like writing something.. Although I am not very good with words but I am writing this blog for my sis and my family... I wanted to share the experience that I had with them..

Somehow I wanted to write this blog from Italy itself but due to the hectic and tiring schedule never had the courage to stay up late and do so.. Anyway its never too late till the time you do so.. right!!!

Anyway.. So it starts from ...
ohh by the way any time you feel bored.. you can leave.. no compulsions ;) to read further ahead....;)

ok.. So finally it starts from have 2 holidays together after sunday which is a rare phenomenon in Lagos.. So almost all families were trying to capitalise on this and so was I.. Since I am the one who decides on destination.. ( per sey my fav destinations or wish list destinations as I call )... My sweet hubby simply agrees and abides by my decision since he knows my choice has to be the best.. Do you think he has a choice where he can really dispute that???? He too is my choice isn't it?

Anyway, so initially we or I had decided on Egypt... The factors :- Only 4 days to cover the entire place.. and 4 days was enough to bare the brunt of the heat of Egypt... So suddenly my dear husband whose practically 2nd wife is his work came up with the idea of taking 3 more days leave and seeing some other place like .... like.... ITALY...

So I grabbed on the opportunity and started my research work.. which almost ate my entire week including the weekends but at the end it was worth it..

Ya so to go on with my story..
So finally we decided to go to Italy and gave the visa application for Sweden because we could get visa faster since as you know Aakaash works for Ericsson which is a Swedish company and probably might retire from this company one day ( a joke cracked by my friends often) !!! He has been working here for 10 years now.. However the visa needs to be sent to Abuja which is another place ( 1hour flight from Lagos). The visa could be sent only on tue due to the policies etc and could come back on thur which was cutting it too fine since we wanted to fly on Friday night.. However we were sweating on Thursday and weren't able to book our flights or hotels due to the visa prob... Mind you this is suppose to be the "peakest" season according to Italian.. as published on their websites..

We were practically running against and out of time.. On Thursday morning we got a green light and started the 2nd round of work.. - book flight tickets.. well that is another story too...

So we asked for 4 tickets to be blocked on Monday and went ahead with our hotel bookings.. wait a minute I never said that the flight story was over.. So on thursday when we asked to confirm our tickets the travel agents tells us there are no tickets available for Friday.. Now remember we have already finished booking our hotels... Finally the travel agent does manage to get tickets from another airlines and that's when we realise that Aananya's age has been made 2 instead of 1, an error on my husband's part.. Finally when that is corrected.. we realise that the return ticket has been booked from Vienna instead of Venice. Last but not the least when that error is corrected, the tickets that are handed to us are 3 instead of 4... So this was the story of how the tickets were finally confirmed for 4.

Now that we have 4 tickets in hand.. there comes the part of hotel bookings which I was exhausted mentally and physically looking for by now... I just booked for Rome and left Florence and Venice for aakaash to complete. However we got good deals in the end but to find a hotel in center of Venice where I eventually wanted to stay was costing for around 50000rs per night.. So we settled for less and I dropped the idea of watching the canal and gondolas floating right below from my room.. About my journey to Italy would be in the next blog that I write..... since being a mom doesn't give the liberty to stay online for such long hours..;) Ciao... as the Italian say!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well I truly am glad you started this :)Thanks so much for attempting this and taking out time for it when I know how busy you are. And stop lying! I'm not good with words and all that...! Blah!

    How could you even think of trying to write it on the trip?! Crazy!!

    Well proud of BIL, for letting you have your way :D

    Well I'm sure 'Italy' was a good idea, but you must make it to Egypt some time soon, okay!! Can't miss out on that staying in Africa sis!

    Oh and your research work is commendable for sure :P

    Well the joke cracked by your friends actually might come true you know, and you should pray for it to happen may be, since thanks to Ericsson ( and of course BIL) you're traveling from one continent to another madamioselle ;)

    That sure was a lot of trouble making the trip ha. And just how come jiju managed to make aananya 2! :P Wah Wah! Bil, you 'are' getting old aren't you :D

    Your ideas sister are ekdam top class ha :P Watching the canal and gondolas floating right below from my room.....wah wah ;)

    No problemo sister, take your time but do pen down all that is worth writing here :)

    ReplyDelete